Why choose The Munro Centre?
- We are a small community child care centre, based at The University of Queensland’s St Lucia campus. We provide a personal touch, where we build genuine relationships with children and parents alike. We have a Parent Management Committee that manages the centre, with the support of a full time Centre Director and an Administrator.
- Our rooms cater to a small number of children, with fully qualified educators.
- We have a multicultural, experienced team. Our room educators hold a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, current first aid certificates (including asthma and anaphylaxis management training) and Suitability Cards. They are supported by our own team of casual, qualified Support Educators.
- We have spacious, shady outdoor playgrounds where the children can engage in nature, explore, and have fun!
- We provide an age appropriate and flexible educational program, based on the needs of each individual child.
- Daily reflections and communication charts are emailed to families at the end of each day, so you know what your child has been up to.
- At the end of the year, you will receive a digital copy of your child’s journey at the centre. When your child leaves The Munro Centre, you will receive your child’s journey in hard copy to have as a treasured keepsake.
What do our parents say?
“Dear Munro family, we would like to take the opportunity to say a heartfelt THANK YOU to you all. You have been part of our family for the past 5 ½ years. You have given Henry and Oscar a second home that they both loved to go to. You have taught them much and helped shape the great little people they have become. And along the way you have supported us as parents in every way possible. We are grateful for all that you have done and will miss you lots! You are truly a wonderful centre. Best wishes, Sabine, Steve, Henry & Oscar.”
"Thank you for your compassionate and attentive care of our child this year. You have made the process of starting day care positive, not only for us as parents, but also for our son. We are truly thankful for the kindness of each of you. C & M"
"I can’t believe it, but Wednesday is S’s last day @ Munro and with this last day it will be closing off the ‘daycare phase’ for us! What an amazing time our kids have had! They have learnt so many beautiful things, which has been a beautiful foundation for their lives! I’m feeling very grateful for your love and care for S & R. Thanks for listening and supporting us in such a great way. You are such a great team all together. Love I"
“Thanks for being so caring and thoughtful. From the time Parvesh made R’s lunch, to being an ear during stressful times, to all the ‘extra’ days we booked the kids in for. Sue, I still remember the time you said we were ‘great parents’. As a parent, we don’t get a lot of positive feedback, so it was really heart-warming for us. Love T”